viernes, 10 de octubre de 2008

(a fresh new start)

I don't want to jinx it by talking about it right now, since it still feels like such a distant possibility, but I'm planing big changes for next year. 
As part of my planing, I've been obsessively looking at blogs and sites about interior decoration. One of the sites I find the most inspirational is  The Selby
Just as I find looking at street style photographies more inspiring than fashion editorials, having a change to "visit" the homes of real persons is amazing. I'm always surprised by the way the style of each individual can be reflected on the space they inhabit. 
Nesting is one of our best habits.

These are some of my favorites...
















Looking at this photos I realize that my ideal home would be a mixture of old and new. I'd love to have some vintage furniture co-existing with plastic toys, and colours and patterns that don't really match, matching. I'm also begining to experience what might be considered the begining of a love affair with subtle ethnic touches.

What does your ideal home look like? Is it classic or quirky? Minimalist or full of little details? Cozy or open and airy?
I'm really curious to know, I've always felt nothing says more about the person that the place they live in (or dream of living in).

xx

8 comentarios:

Missa dijo...

I know what you mean, I've become addicted to the selby too. I just love how the homes they feature all look lived in rather than staged for photos. So much inspiraton to be had there :)

As for my own taste, my ideal home would lean toward quirky, cozy, and full of little details but maybe with one area of the house minimalist, open, and airy. I struggle with the fact that I actually like both of these asthetics!

Looking forward to seeing where your new blog goes :)

loveology dijo...

Wow, what a great post!
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog, it means so much to me!

I added you to my blogroll right away!

I can't wait tosee what you'll come up with next!

<3 The Selby.

Mila.

Aisha dijo...

Jime! y te creaste nuevo blog. me gusta el nombre, aunque no sé muy bien si significa para ti lo mismo que para mí. Sería bonitín que lo expliques luego :D

Supuestamente para fines de este año me voy a mudar a otra casa porque ya vendí la que tenía, ahora ando buscando sitios de diseño de interiores y me debato entre un cuarto con vinilos en las paredes (que tendré que ir a buscar a quilca o algún lugar por el estilo, asumo), con mucha luz, armario con muchos compartimientos, muebles de madera de color oscuro, blablablah y flores, pero no sé que tan bien luzcan con mi gusto musical que no es tan edith piaf. JA.

Me excedí en el comentario, creo.
Ya te agregué a mi blogroll (;

Aisha dijo...

ah! y me olvidaba de decirte... qué guapo sale Dylan en ese poster.

Milla dijo...

love the new blog and post! I suffer from the same problem as Missa, I adore both clutter and cozyness and crazy colors, and simple, elegant minimalism. I think it's always gonna be more of the cluttery coze faviety, though ;)

Hila dijo...

oh swoon, I love these interiors. Thanks for visiting my little blog - yours is very sweet :)

saray dijo...

quirky with a lot of details - just like my room :)

Windy Days dijo...

Hooray for new blogs! The Selby is a wonderful site, it's like poking through people's stuff and very interesting people at that.

I'd like to still be friends (if you'd like of course)!
:)